Please keep in mind that several different parties may be accessing our website to obtain information, including, members, key decisions makers, industry experts, and financial professionals asked to participate in research (“Research Participants”), clients who engage Greenwich Associates to perform consulting services (“Clients”), individuals who are interested in learning more about Greenwich Associates, but may be registered only as non-members (“Other Registered Users”), and unregistered users who are not provided with login information, but still access our website (“Unregistered Users”).
Personal Information We Collect
We use information and data to analyze trends to help us better understand how our website is being used, how to make it more effective and how to provide our users with a better experience.
As part of this process, we track the domain from which you accessed our website and the specific pages that you accessed. Under this Policy, “Personal Information” is considered data that reasonably can be used to identify an individual. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by completing forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website or subscribing to our services, including, contact details such as name, employer, job title, email address, employer and personal mailing addresses and phone number.
- Information that you share through our website by using our services, including any Personal Information in the data that you share.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us for customer or technical support or when you submit questions or comments.
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
- Details of your visits to and interaction with our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, IP address, repository ID, location data, weblogs, search terms entered, account activity, and other communication data relating to the pages visited and resources that you access.
- Information you provide to us when you request information or research materials, and participate in promotions, contests or giveaways.
Please note that we do not attempt to collect Personal Information from children. Personal information sent to us which appears to be from a child will be deleted. We cannot always determine if a visitor to our website or the sender of an e-mail is a child, but we will exert our best efforts to do so.
How We Use Personal Information
Each year, Greenwich Associates systematically conducts research in more than 80 countries, interviewing up to 60,000 key decision-makers. The information provided by these Research Participants is the core element of Greenwich Associates research based consulting business.
The research is designed to help financial services providers meet their customers' needs and provide Research Participants with an extensive resource on industry trends and best practices.
The core information collected by Greenwich Associates is done off-line in Greenwich Associates proprietary research process. However, we also gather information about Research Participants, Clients, Registered Users, and Unregistered Users via our website, which is typically presented in an aggregated form. During the initial visit to our website, Research Participants and Clients are asked to update any changes to their contact information and reset their password.
The information collected on our website will be used by us for purposes consistent with the way in which it was submitted and collected, such as to:
- determine whether you are a subscriber or an employee of a subscriber;
- identify, tailor and meet user needs;
- determine eligibility to participate in research;
- assess potential new markets to serve and new research topics to address;
- create and maintain your account or user profile;
- answer your questions or respond to your comments;
- register you in our programs or events;
- send you information about our services and resources; and
- make certain resources and research available to you depending on your membership.
To best serve our customer bases, Greenwich Associates may also use user data and Personal Information for the following activities:
- To direct editorial content and other features to users who have a strong interest in a particular area.
- To provide our editors and program developers with information that can assist in developing new tools, features, functions, and services.
- To assess usage and specific features or services on our website and to make improvements to these features or services.
- To provide you with updates and notices regarding new articles and resources that may be of interest.
- To solicit user feedback or perform market research to generate analysis on important industry trends and to assess user satisfaction or other needs and interests.
- To provide special services targeted to specific user groups, based on demographics, industry information, or other aggregate data.
- To facilitate communications with other users.
We may also provide blogs or public forums on our website. Any Personal Information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected or used by us or others who visit these forums. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums.
Reasons We Share Personal Information
Generally, we do not reveal any personally identifiable information, unless we secure permission from the provider in advance of doing so. However, we reserve the right to share Personal Information with our service providers or other individuals and organizations that need to have access to such information in connection with the provision of services to you or to respond to your specific inquiries or requests.
This includes our vendors that provide data collection, validation, and coding services, as well as service providers or sponsors of webinar and similar services that may be offered through our website. We also reserve the right to release information as required by any governmental or law enforcement agency or under a court order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
All Personal Information you provide to us through our website is transmitted securely using SSL encryption. In addition, we routinely enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to guard against loss, misuse, or disclosure of your Personal Information. We also educate our employees on our privacy guidelines and ensure that they understand their role in compliance.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do no share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. No security measure is perfect or impenetrable. Any transmission is at your own risk. We will employ appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorized access.
If a formal written complaint is received regarding our protection of your Personal Information, it is our policy to contact the complainant directly to address the concern. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, if necessary, including all local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it.
If you would like to review and update your account information, suspend or cancel your account, request that we no longer use your account data, or obtain further information about or access to your Personal Information, you can do so by contacting us by email at ContactUs@greenwich.com.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We also collect certain limited information as you navigate through our website. These log files are used for system management and to track generic user behavior, which helps us to better understand the needs of our users and to identify demographic trends.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other third party websites and applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these parties, their websites or applications. We do not review or control such websites and suggest that you review these third party privacy policies before using the links, websites or associated applications.
You have a choice about how we use your Personal Information to communicate with you, and you may opt out at any time by deactivating your account or changing your account preferences. When you deactivate your account, you will not be able to use our services and your information will not be capable of being viewed through our site. However, even after you deactivate your account, your information including, name and email address, may be retained by us as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
To deactivate your account or to notify us of a profile created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact us at ContactUs@greenwich.com.
International Users and Safe Harbor Policy
We are headquartered in the United States and our servers are located in the United States. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer.
Greenwich Associates adheres to the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from the European Union and Switzerland. For more information about this Safe Harbor, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us
You can also call us at +1 203.625.5038 or reach us by mail at Privacy Matters c/o Greenwich Associates, 6 High Ridge Park, Stamford, CT USA 06905-1327.